Addiction Health Services Research is based at the Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center at Dartmouth Geisel School in Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA. The overarching goal of the group is to improve the prospects for recovery among persons with alcohol and drug use disorders. We have a particular focus on the life and treatment challenges faced by persons with co-occurring substance use and mental health problems.
- Improving access to effective integrated treatments in addiction, mental health and medical care settings;
- Insuring the treatment offered is evidence-based;
- Utilizing scientific methods and research to improve the implementation of high quality treatment services;
- Disseminating information and strategies to researchers, treatment providers, systems and clinicians to improve services and outcomes; and
- Serving as a resource to consumers and families to make informed choices about care options.